SuperMax 71938-D 19-38 Drum Sander on Open Stand
Perfect for the small shop or woodworking enthusiast, the SuperMax 19-38 Drum Sander reduces the tedium of hand sanding, speeds up the sanding process, and produces more consistent results! Find out how it compares to other brands, watch videos and more!
The 19-38 Drum Sander comes standard on the Open Stand. The drum is pre-wrapped with 80 grit sandpaper. Additional accessories and sandpaper are available for purchase. Full machine features and specs can be found below.
The 19-38 Drum Sander was awarded 5 out of 5 stars by WOOD magazine, and received the Editor s Pick award from American Woodworker magazine.
19-38 Drum Sander vs. Other Brands
The 19-38 Drum Sander was designed with five exclusive features to increase ease-of-use and functionality! Compare the 19-38 sander to other brands.
Exceptional SuperMax Features
We've addressed issues common with other drum sanders by adding five features that are exclusive to our 19-38 machines. No other drum sander on the market has these features!
Simple alignment feature Just one nut will adjust the conveyor to parallel the sanding head, making aligning the conveyor to the sanding head fast and easy.
Indexed alignment setting Has an indexed alignment setting for narrow and wide stock. When sanding stock wider than 19in., the index lever will properly adjust the conveyor for flawless wide sanding.
Easy height adjustments A thrust bearing below the handle and a nut positioned above prevents the drum from moving out of the set position while sanding. No backlash or slop in the height adjustment mechanism allowing easier and smoother height adjustments.
Extra-wide conveyor to properly support stock over 19in. wide. The conveyor table is 22in. wide to add support to the work piece.
Drum will never go in.out of alignmentin.. The drum carriage is bolted to the base, preventing any movement or alignment issues.
- INTELLISAND Technology: Automatically adjusts conveyor speed based on load
- Prevents gouging, damaging or burning stock
- Provides consistent finish even with varying grain pattern and density
- Greatly increases abrasive planning and dimensioning speed
- Flatness Guarantee: Precision-flattened steel conveyor bed reinforced with four steel cross sections for no in.flexin. in conveyor, guaranteeing flatness to less than .010in. across the width of the sander
- Abrasive conveyor belt offers the best grip for raw wood, giving you the ability to accommodate stock that is much shorter or thinner
- Patented Abrasive Attachment System effectively tensions the abrasive wraps, preventing loose abrasive and overlap
- Easiest access to abrasive fastening system of any drum sander! Extra wide space to access fasteners to eliminate need for special tools.
- Self-cooling drum prevents overheating and extends abrasive life
- Tension rollers are adjustable in height and hold down pressure, eliminating snipe
- Excellent dust extraction as dust cover is formed to shape of drum
- Metal, not plastic, is formed to maximize air flow and dust extraction
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction for strength, rigidity and reduced vibration
Maximum Width (in): 38 (two passes)
Minimum Length (in): 2-1/4
Maximum Thickness (in): 4
Minimum Thickness (in): 1/32
Dimensions (in):27D x 46W x 52H (on stand)
Drum (in):5 x 19 extruded aluminum
Drum Speed:1740 RPM
Dust Hood:1- 4? vacuum port, min. 600 CFM recommended
Conveyor Motor:43 in.-lb. torque, direct drive D.C. motor, ranged variable 0-10 FPM
Drive Motor (TEFC):1-3/4 HP
Power Requirements:110 V, 15 amp
Shipping Weight (lbs):286 (3 boxes incl. stand)