All DoubleGroove Dogs are sold in pairs (purchase "1" quantity and you will receive two dogs).
To secure your DoubleGroove Dogs, consider adding our SpeedKnobs (sold separately). We think you'll find these knobs to be far and away the fastest and easiest-to-thread option; they're the best we've ever tested.
DoubleGroove Large Dogs
Innovative 20mm Bench Dogs Ideal For Use With Our MTR-18 Or Very Thick Worktops
DoubleGroove Medium Dogs measure 24mm from collar to bottom, making them the perfect size for use with our PTR-18 Precision Triangle or thicker perforated worktops. To accommodate clamping, an included M8x1.25 threaded hole at the bottom of each medium dog accepts our M8 SpeedKnobs, FESTOOL M8 knobs from the clamping elements kit, or any other similar off-the-shelf M8x1.25 threaded knob. All DoubleGroove Dogs are made in the USA from 6061-T6 aluminum on high-precision CNC machining centers and clear anodized for maximum durability. Sold in pairs.
The DoubleGroove Dog family includes a variety of sizes: Small (ideal for most general use applications), Medium (for use with our PTR-18 Precision Triangle or thicker work surfaces), Large (the product on this page, for use with our MTR-18 Precision System Triangle), Tall (for using in conjunction with Dog Rail Clips to secure your guide rail to your worktop), and Stubby (also designed for use with Dog Rail Clips, but with a shorter height to clear your track saw motor housing when plunge cutting). Additionally, specialized "Close Fit" versions of our Small, Large, Tall, and Stubby Dogs are available for those who want a tighter fit in 20mm worktops made with precision tools (e.g. CNC router or the Parf Guide System).
- Easier to Use: Twin grooves running along the collar make DoubleGroove Dogs easier to remove than other dogs on the market; no more stuck dogs!
- A Perfect Fit: Precision machined to exacting tolerances, with a diameter of 19.9mm to strike the perfect balance between solid, secure mounting and ease of insertion/removal.
- Ideal for Custom Worktops: If you've made your own perforated worktop based on the 20x96mm standard and aren't quite sure if your tolerances are perfect, you'll likely find DoubleGroove Dogs to be a better choice. Their twin collar grooves will make it easier to remove dogs that might become "too snug," and a swept undercut along the collar means DoubleGroove Dogs will mount flush even if your holes have tearout.
- A Great Companion: Our DoubleGroove Large Dogs are the perfect companion to our MTR-18 Precision Triangles.
- Clampable: Each dog includes an M8x1.25 threaded hole, perfect for use with our SpeedKnobs to secure the dogs inside your 20mm perforated worktop. (If you already have the knobs from Festool's 488030 Clamping Elements, those will work too, but you'll find our SpeedKnobs to be much faster and easier to thread.)
- Material: 6000 series aluminum alloy, T5 tempered and anodized clear